March 7, 2014 by Diana M
I’ve seen a lot of articles out there that talk about the troubles that single, tall or even big bosom girls tend to have sometimes. Some are funny, some are a little silly, some are purely hilarious, but most of them happen to also be true.
One of the problems I’m sometimes confronting with is the fact that I am a total nerd. You’ll catch me at midnight with my geeky glasses on, reading Harry Potter or rewatching Star Wars, or having a Game of Thrones marathon. And there are people out there that just don’t get it. If I tell someone that I read the latest manga issue of Naruto and talk excitedly about it, they would most likely look at me as if I’m a green little person with big eyes, trying to establish contact with my home planet. Even if they know what I’m talking about, they’d still give me a funny look, because I’m a girl. And supposedly girls grew up with Barbies and Disney and all they care about is clothes, jewelry, make-up and all the other stereotypical girly stuff that I am so fed up with by now.
Yes I am a girl, and yes I may dress nice at times and wear makeup and do my hair, but I also wear a cute Batman t-shirt, know how to play World of Warcraft and say “Bazinga!” when I feel like it.
1. Your idea of a party is an all-night online gaming session.
2. Your friends look at you weird when you tell a joke you heard on Big Bang Theory and you’re the only one laughing at it.
3. Your biggest regret is not having enough time in a day to watch all the seasons of a new cool show or finish that 700 page book.
4. You’re pissed because Joffrey still lives (on the show).
5. You’ve been saving for Comic Con and your cosplay costume for a year.
6. Your classmates look perplexed at you when you say “May the odds be ever in your favor” before an exam.
7. You’re shocked that people don’t know who Benedict Cumberbatch is.
8. You didn’t know how to react when you heard that Ben Affleck is going to play Batman in the new Batman vs Superman movie. What is up with that?
9. Your ultimate nerd girl fantasy is to have a sit down with one (or all) of the following: Sherlock, The Doctor, Dr. House, Tony Stark, Heisenberg & Jesse, Harry Potter, Daryl, Loki (and so so many others)
10. You feel as if you’re going into withdrawal when you finish a book and there is no sequel.
11. Having to explain your Harry Potter tattoo to someone who doesn’t know what “Always” stands for.
12. Having to choose between Star Wars and Star Trek.
13. You ache knowing you have to wait a whole week for the next manga issue after spending 5 min devouring this one.
14. Your idea of Heaven on Earth is a place like Barnes & Noble. Part bookstore, part movie store, part game store, part music store, full awesomeness.
15. You can’t find a cool Avengers t-shirt on your size.
16. Your wear your Mockinjay pin proudly.
17. You go berserk whenever one of your favorite actors wears a t-shirt with a reference to their characters on it .
18. Your idea of tragedy is when you find out your mom threw away part of your Sailor Moon collection you’ve had since you were a kid to make space for something else.
19. You don’t acknowledge the existence of the Twilight movies.
20. Guys are afraid to date you because you might beat them in an online game and make them look like fools in front of their friends.
21. You know that while most girls are looking for someone who’s attractive, smart and with a good sense of humor, you know you could NEVER be with someone who hasn’t seen Lord of the Rings, Star Wars or Harry Potter.
22. Your idea of the best Halloween costume possible is not of a Sexy Nurse, but of Snape wearing Neville’s grandmother’s clothes.
23. When someone asks a group if they want to do something, you can’t help but yell,”I volunteer!”
Originally posted on Honesty for Breakfast.
Edited by Ricki Steiner.