April 2, 2013 by Diana M
I took an involuntary break after my last posts and especially after the death of my friend . It was involuntary because I wasn’t exactly planning one, I just didn’t feel like writing anything for a while.
First of all, I want to say thank you for the over 1000 views of this little blog I cooked up back in December. Hopefully, I will be able to write much more (and much better!) so I can give you guys a little piece of the brighten-one’s-day pill.
Secondly, I want to thank Scattered Sentiment for nominating me for the very inspiring blogger award. It felt good knowing that my posts are not only read, but are also a bit influential and inspiring for some people. I have that my-job-here-is-done kind of feeling, even though my job is just beginning.
So here are the rules for this nomination thingy:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
1 & 2. I will consider done
3 & 4. 15 blogs? Seriously? Fine. Here are 16 (ha!) blogs/sites that I check regularly, and that have inspired me one way or the other.
Say hello to my new blogroll:
5. The hard part:
– I read the Naruto Manga every week
– I just got my second tattoo, on my ribs. It’s a Harry Potter reference: Always (oh, Snape), with the A transformed into the mark of the Deathly Hallows
– I read mostly books in English that eventually turn into movies
– I am Romanian
– I am excited about the upcoming Veronica Mars movie, made possible thanks to Kickstarter with the help of fans
– I play guitar from time to time, even though I do not dare to sing while my brother is home for fear that I will eventually make him go deaf, or blind (if one scratches his eyes long enough in agony)
– Even with my aforementioned awesomeness, I am still single and living la vida loca, as Ricky would say.
Extra – I wish to take full responsibility for whatever mistake, error, or stupidity I write in my second language, but I will still use the excuse of English being my second language (hey, nobody’s perfect, right?)
And with that I conclude my post on Updates and Thanks, and will be returning shortly to our usual motivational program 😉